There are five scenarios on the map for you to explore. They each present a story with an outdoor access topic for you to think about.
Explore the Scenarios
In the Both Sides of the Fence interactive map there are scenarios for students to explore. These marked spots contain embedded videos which, when played, present a Both Sides of the Fence animated scenario.
How to explore the map
- The videos are presented in the MPEG-4 format.
- The scenarios encourage students to consider that there are often two points of view about land access – those of people wishing to access land, and those of the landholder or manager.
- clicking a marked spot launches the video player in a lightbox.
- the video player has stop, play, forward, back, volume, and full screen controls along the bottom edge of the player.
- each scenario contains two parts:
- the first part presents a topic and ends with an on-screen question to encourage in-classroom discussion.
- the second part presents the landholder's point of view and ends with on-screen questions that encourage students to reflect on their first thoughts, now they have more information.
- when the first part has played, it will present the on-screen question. Click the green arrow to hear the story from the other side of the fence.
- clicking on the 'X' on the bottom right-hand side of the lightbox will close the video player screen and return you to the map.
Using the interactive map on touchscreens
When you use a touch screen, for example, when using a tablet or SMARTboard, there is no on-screen cursor. Tap a marked spot with your finger to launch the scenario.